Sunday, March 22, 2009

Testing My Commitment

Today tested my commitment to training in a few ways. First, waking up at 8:30am Sunday morning - not my first choice. Luckily, it looked sunny from my window, so I talked myself into it and was looking forward to a run on a sunny morning. My friend and Team Challenge teammate, Nicolette, picked me up at 9am and we drove out to Lake Merced (about a 20 minute drive from my house and feels like you've entered a completely different city). We parked and got out of the car to be met with my next challenge - gusty, cold winds and a few minutes later pouring rain. While Nicolette and Natalie got back in the car to wait out the rain, I started my run because I figured if I got back in the car I might never get back out to run. Luckily, about 10 minutes into the run, the rain stopped and the sun eventually came out again. So I enjoyed the 4.4 mile run - it was easier than last week, which made me feel good and the run was really pretty. Which brings me to another reason I love Team Challenge - I'm discovering all these new places in SF. I love that you can drive just 20 minutes and suddenly feel like you are so far from the city.

So another week under my belt. I need to make a commitment to run at least 3 times this week. This is our "recovery" week so next weekend's run will be short, but then we work back up to 6 miles.

I got one more donation - thanks Liv!! I'm now 10% on my way to $2,600. Only $2,310 to go!

Our route around Lake Merced

No comments:

Post a Comment